2017 Library Photo Contest
Schreiner University Library and Archives invite all of our current students to contribute to the library's photo collections, have your work displayed in the library, and maybe even win great prizes! Just send us your best photographs of Schreiner University showing the unique spirit of our university and the people and/or spaces that make our school (and library) so special!
This contest is open to any currently enrolled Schreiner student. Each student may enter up to 3 photographs.
Contest begins November 1st and the deadline for submission is Friday, December 1st, 2017 at midnight.
The winning photograph will receive a Polaroid Zip Mobile Photo Printer.
Second place winner will receive a Fujifilm Instax Mini9 Instant Camera.
Third Place winner will receive a $25 Amazon gift card.
All finalists will have their photos printed and featured on the library website and gallery space at the end of the contest. All winners and finalists will have their photographs added to our university archive collections at Logan Library.
Judging will be completed by a panel made up of SU faculty and staff. Entries will be judged anonymously and evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Photograph’s overall effectiveness in capturing the spirit of Schreiner University.
- Quality of photo
Submit contest entries by email to Librarian Jennifer Stayton. The email submission should contain the following:
- All entries attached as files in either tiff or jpg format
- Full Name
- Contact Information (email address and phone number)
- Student ID (only your name will be published if you are a finalist or contest winner).
Official Contest Rules and Guidelines
- All photographs must
- Contest begins November 1 and ends December 1 by midnight.
- The contest is open to all current Schreiner students.
- All photographs must be the individual’s original work, limit 3 entries per person.
- Images may be in either color or black and white, and must be at least 400 dpi to be printed for 8X10 display in the library. *Please no phone camera photos unless able to shoot in high-resolution settings.
- All photographs must be submitted digitally as email attachments in TIFF or JPEG format to contest organizer, Jennifer Stayton.
- The contest organizers reserve the right to disqualify entries which do not conform to the stated Official Contest Rules and Guidelines and/or violate Schreiner policies. Logan Library is not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, or misdirected emails or for any technical/computer related malfunctions that may prohibit submission. Please contact the library in advance of the Dec. 1 deadline if you would like to request alternative submission arrangements.
- By entering the contest, all entrants grant the Schreiner University and Logan Library permission to use the photographs in promotional, informational and display activities, both in print and online. Photos will be credited to the student photographer.
Please contact Jennifer Stayton at firstname.lastname@example.org or 830.792.7337 if you have any questions about this contest.